Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Makena







I feel like I don't talk about Makena as much as I should. She has done so well with adjusting and adapting to our "new life." I couldn't be more proud of her. She has sooo much energy, and thankfully they have kind of a daycare type setting for her to let some of it out. During their breaks, she comes up to his room and eats lunch/dinner, then goes back. She loves it in there and they all love her. Yesterday, being Memorial Day, they weren't open during one of their normal sessions, and Makena went to the nurse's station and "helped" then for about an hour. She just loves having the attention on her. She's been sleeping here as well, which I wouldn't have ever thought would have even been a possibility. But she goes right down (later than normal, but what can you expect?) and sleeps til about 8! Her little personality is just blossoming and I love watching her grow! I dream about taking her to Disney (somewhere I've never been) and the beach, and amusement parks, and just watching her experience new things. I love that she's learned so much from me already, and I can't wait to teach her more! I think that's the best part about being a Mom :)






2 comments:

  1. Any news on when you guys get to come home to indiana.
    Jason Untersinger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why but for some reason the blog about Makena made me tear up! I feel bad that you're "missing out" on life with her right now but thankfully you're focusing on family as a whole. You are such an amazing mom to those kids and I can only hope to be half as strong as you are when I have kids! I'll definitely be coming to you for pointers! Stay strong! :)

    ReplyDelete