Friday, June 12, 2009

One month ago today...celebrated with a GREAT appointment

Happy one month Transplant day, Malakai!! I can't believe it's already been one month!

First of all...Malakai weighed in at 13 lbs 9 oz! He gained 1 lb 3 oz in one week!!! That's unreal :) So we are happy to announce, we have kissed his feeding tube GOODBYE!!! We couldn't be any happier. We actually took it out as soon as they said we could...didn't want to leave it in any longer than we had to! Praise God, he looks like a normal baby! Michelle, his nurse practitioner, couldn't stop squeezing his chubby legs. I think she was floored that he'd gained so much weight and chub!

We haven't heard back about his ultrasound or his blood levels yet. I'm assuming there will be no surprises there. It's all about tinkering with his levels right now. But I am pretty sure we will be getting to go home on Wednesday. It almost sounded like they may have been ready to send us home today, but the doc said he wanted to see us one more time. It will be so refreshing to get out of here! We love our apartment here, it's been so nice to just be together as a family. But I can't wait to get back to our normal life. Emma turned 3 yesterday (my oldest niece) and we weren't there to celebrate. Thankfully the party has been delayed so Makena can be there :)

We are heading to the park later this afternoon. Makena has gotten into quite a routine. She'll say "We're going to eat lunch, then we go to the park." Maybe I'll bring the camera along and try to get some pics of Makena playing and Malakai without that horrible tube taped to his face!!

It's been a great day. I am so thankful for my son's life and what a precious baby he is! If you've never met him, I want you to know he can light up a room with his smile. He's just a terrific baby! Thank you donor family...You will always have a special place in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment