Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Going home tomorrow!!!

Tomorrow is the long awaited day! I am beyond excited :) He is doing fantastic! He's eating baby food from a jar, something he wouldn't even act like he was interested in last week. Our hope is a few more weeks on the pump and we can kiss that thing goodbye forever! He's defiantly showing that he's gained some strength and feels good. He's not wanting to sleep...at all! He's up more than he's asleep!

Rita and Brent came this weekend and I enjoyed having them here every minute! Josh and Brent took the older kiddos to the zoo Sunday and to the arch Monday and Rita stayed here in the hospital with Malakai and I. Today, Rita and i took them to the Science Center and Josh stayed here with him. The Science Center had an exhibit about transplant that was so interesting. I wish I could have paid more attention to it. Makena and Clay were running aroudn so it was difficult, but it had all the organs and a video of an actual transplant. Lung and liver were the two I watched (because of my history with dad and Malakai) and it was amazing to see. The liver is so much bigger than I'd thought!! And to watch the lungs inflate after they were in...it was so neat! And they had an interactive thing that kind of showed the steps to how they match an organ once it is ready for donation. That was pretty cool, too. It was kind of weird watching it, thinking, "My son JUST went through all of that!" It was so nice to feel normal again, and meeting Addison was GREAT! She's adorable, and such a sweet natured baby!

I am so in love with my baby boy. I am so thankful to God that he chose Josh and I to be his parents. He has been such a blessing to us and I pray that he makes a huge impact on others lives. He is our miracle, and he has forever changed our lives. I appreciate so much more than I did before. I don't get nearly as frustrated with the little things. I don't judge others like I did before. I am just so thankful that he is alive and well. Thank you for your prayers for my son. Without them, it's hard to say where we would be. I can't wait to come home so everyone can see how AWESOME he looks!

We don't have internet at our apartment, so I may not get to update as often as I'd like. I'm sure I could find a Starbucks or something :) But I will try to get on my iPhone or have one of my sisters update when we know more. Two weeks and we'll be home in Indiana!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys! I have been in your shoes and I know how wonderful it feels to have FREEDOM at your fingertips! I pray you have a safe journey home and plenty of rest when you get here. I completely understand what you said about appreciating things so much more and not "sweating the small stuff". My experience when my daughter Hannah was diagnosed with leukemia at 18 months taught me so many things. As Kahlil Gibran put it so much more eloquently than I ever could, "I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers."

    ReplyDelete