Thursday, September 17, 2009

Trying to play catch up...

I haven't been too great at keeping my blog updated! I have had so much going on these last few weeks, I haven't had time to sit down and write! Malakai's party is quickly approaching, less than 2 days away! I have been working daily to get things done. We decided on a taco bar theme and hopefully we bought enough food...it's so hard to tell how many people to expect! I had a pony rented and we've had a serious mix-up with it. So we may have a pony, we may not. I was NOT happy with the pony-guy. I said "You don't understand how important this party is. I spoke with you a month ago and you said it wasn't a problem, then I get an email 5 days before the party and you don't know if you're going to be able to 'work it in?!" We shall see! We will have a bouncy house and plenty of tacos and cake :) I am really looking forward to seeing people I haven't seen in awhile, and alot of people who haven't had the pleasure of meeting Malakai!

I weighed him this morning, he was 17 pounds 2 ounces. I wrote a few weeks ago and said he learned how to throw toys from the stroller, now he's learned to throw food from his highchair. I will put 5 Cheerios or Goldfish, and he will pick each one up individually and throw them off. It's cute, but messy! He's really starting to jabber. He's trying hard to talk, and saying "sssss" Like sissy...So he's said "dada" and now "sisss" but no Momma...It will come, someday before he's 5 :)

Makena has successfully learned how to ride her tricycle. It's so cute! I think she would've learned a long time ago, but we have no where to let her ride...she's learned how to ride around the hot tub on the deck and there is very little room. If she misses the turn, she's off in the grass, 12 inches down! So I am very proud :)

Josh and I will be celebrating 6 (yes, SIX) years of marriage on Sunday. That makes me feel so old!! We have been through so much together. My dad passed away 9 days after we got married, we had a miscarriage, then an ectopic pregnancy that nearly took my life, then Makena was born with some issues that had us terrified and all that has gone on with Malakai. I do know it has made us stronger as a couple and I am so thankful he chose me as his soulmate. Remembering back 7 years ago when his dad introduced us and I was so embarassed I turned around and left, to now...2 beautiful kids later. All I can say is, I am truly blessed. Happy Anniversary, Josh. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment