Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, Malakai!

I literally just spent the last hour writing out the thoughts and fears and events of Malakai's first year and how I felt about all we have been through, and it erased. Just like that, its gone! I am honestly in tears right now. I will have to do this again tomorrow. I want to remember his first year and I know further out we get, the memories will fade. Ugh!

Today, my baby turned one! I have much more to say about it, but this will have to wait. It's getting late and he's not feeling very well. So I know he may be up early and tomorrow will be a long day. I just have to say how thankful I am that he is here and alive. One year ago today I fell in love all over again, and I think I've done it everyday since then. Malakai is the light of my life and I am so proud to be his mommy. He has been through far more than any child should have to endure and he's done it with a smile on his face.

Happy Birthday, Malakai. You are TRULY A MIRACLE! Thank you, donor family, for giving our little boy the chance to grow up and live a normal life!

No comments:

Post a Comment