Thursday, October 29, 2009

Malakai's Donor Angel

I found out a few days ago that Malakai's donor angel was a 10 year old girl who was killed in a car accident. I have had questions for almost 6 months about if his angel was a boy or a girl and how she died. Not that it makes it any easier to lose a child, but I'd wondered how she passed. Now that I know, it opens up a ton more questions. I feel like, for the first time, I mourned for her family. I was deeply saddened to find out. His donor was a real child, with a real family. They made the decision, in their darkest hours, to donate her organs. And they saved Malakai's life. I will never be able to fully explain to them how much I love them for their decision. I hope they choose to write me back, but I totally understand if they choose not to. I just need to get the courage and words to write to them. I just don't know how I am going to express the gratitude that I feel in my heart. It will be hard, but I definatly have to do it. I want them to know that without their generousity, Malakai may not have survived. If you're not an organ donor, please think about it. No one wants to think about dying, but think about the potential lives you could save, should something happen. There are far more people waiting for organs, than there are organs available. Just something to think about.

1 comment:

  1. It will be hard to write to them, but I am sure God will help you choose your words to tell them.

    ReplyDelete